Dated: August 18, 2019
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR WEBSITE, APP(S), API OR BROWSER EXTENSION
- the website (www.see-words.com), including all content and services made available on the website (the “Website”); and
- the software applications known as ‘See Words: School (Teacher and Student apps), See Words: Home’, including all content and services made available on the software application (the “App”) and
- the Browser extension and API, See Words: Anywhere, including all content and services made available on this utility
By accessing the Website or downloading the App(s), API and/or browser extension, knowns as “Services”, you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not proceed to use the Website, API, browser extension or use the App.
1. COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Depending on how you use the Services, we may ask you to share personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) with us. Whether you choose to share your Personal Information is completely up to you, but keep in mind that you may not be able to access some areas of the Services or effectively use the services we offer without sharing Personal Information. Personal Information includes any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Below are some examples of when we collect Personal Information.
- 1.1 Account Information. When you register for the Services, we may ask for certain information about you, such as your name, address, email, phone number, age, username, and password.
- 1.1.1 We may use your email address and/or your phone number (if you choose to provide it) to send you account confirmations, and notifications and to request reviews, and to otherwise provide services to you in connection with the Services. We may also send you promotional emails. If you would rather not receive promotional emails, you may change your preferences under your account settings.
2. COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Non-personal information is information that does not identify the specific User. This type of information may include things like technical information about the computer, mobile telephone or handheld device (“Device”) you use, including the type of Device, a unique device identifier, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting; information stored on your Device, gps data, and login information; details of your use of the Services and the resources that you access; or information about your location, such as the IP address of the Device.
- 2.1 Cookies. We collect some anonymous information about how you use the Services by setting and accessing cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer.
- 2.2 Activity and Log Data. We automatically store information related to your use of the Services in our log files, such as the pages you view on the App or Website, your browser type, IP address, operating system, referring URL, activity statistics, gps location data and the date and time of your visit. We use this type of information to administer the Services and to analyze trends. This information is not tied to personally identifiable information.
- 2.3 Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Company does not engage in online tracking of Users, and therefore, See Word Design LLC is not currently set up to respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Company also does not authorize third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual’s online activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses See-Words.com or Services.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- 3.1 Disclosure By Law; Protection of Us and Others. We may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (i) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), (ii) protect or defend Company’s, or a third party’s rights or property, or (iii) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
- 3.2 Aggregate Data. We may share aggregate data about Users with third parties, including research, advertisers and marketing partners. This information does not identify individual Users.
- 3.3 Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with companies that perform services for us, such as analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, and processing credit card payments. They have access to Personal Information as needed to perform their functions, but may not disclose your Personal Information for other purposes.
- 3.4 Purchase and Sale of Companies. In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. Of if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
4. UPDATING AND CORRECTING INFORMATION
If you need to change your Personal Information, you may update or correct this information by logging into your account and accessing either the “Profile” section within your account or the “Settings” section. We encourage you to update your Personal Information promptly if it changes.
5. YOUR CHOICES
Company provides you with the ability to opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us. If you wish to discontinue receiving promotion emails, you can opt-out by using the link on the bottom of any promotional email you receive from Company.
Please note that you cannot opt-out of receiving administrative and transaction-related emails from us. These emails relate to your account or your activity using the Services.
6. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information collected from you. Personal information is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public and that are only accessible to authorized employees. We also practice measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as perfect security. As a result, although we strive to protect personally identifying information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us through or in connection with the Services that we store on our systems or that is stored on our service providers’ systems.
7. AGE RESTRICTIONS
10. COMMENTS AND CONCERNS